real stories about three girls that find dating too amusing to take seriously

Thursday, September 22, 2011

traffic jam romance

There I was, singing to Andy Grammer’s song, Keep Your Head Up, in  a late afternoon traffic jam, when I notice a man, who was partially hanging out of his window, start waving his arms in my direction from a car in front of me in the lane next to mine.

Confused?  I’ll draw you a diagram…



{Okay, I didn't actually draw it.  Just picture that I am in the car further back.  That he is hanging out of the car in front.  And that there is a traffic jam going on around us.}

I was confused and a bit embarrassed, thinking he was going to make fun of me for singing & grooving in my car. 

He continued waving and then motioned for me to roll up next to them.  I just laughed.  I didn’t want to talk to these late-twenties/early-thirties men that were smoking cigarettes & drinking some Red Bulls.

I decided the best option would be for me to call my good friend to see how to get out of this situation...  But she did not answer, so I freaked out in a voicemail, not knowing what to do, and then hung up my phone.

The man hanging out the window, held up his thumb to his ear and pinky finger to his mouth, pretending his hand was a phone, and mouthed the words, “Call me.” 

I started laughing harder.  I put my phone to my ear, and cupped the other ear while mouthing the words, “I cannot hear you!!”

He started holding up his fingers, signaling to me a series of digits that I assumed was his phone number.  

And there I sat, still laughing not punching his numbers into my phone.  

Then he motioned for me to write something down.  I held up a piece of paper and a pencil, and he, again, signaled to me a series of numbers that I pretended to write down.

Finally, we were moving along at a fairly good speed… And then we arrived at an intersection where I turned one way, and they turned the opposite way, waving goodbye.

Hopefully, that was the beginning and end of that little traffic romance.

Have you ever been hit on during a traffic jam?  Or wait, were you the one doing the picking up??
Tell me about them.  I want to hear 'em all.
Oh, and am I the only one that rocks out when alone in a car?

1 comment:

  1. I once had an almost identical situation. And the men were drinking Red Bulls. Maybe they were the same men and they just drive around all day hitting on young girls in cars?

    ReplyDelete

please, enlighten us...